East Coast Yacht Delivery Captains and Crew
Captain Dustin Ryan and his team provide the best in yacht delivery service. Our professional captains and crew are experienced in transporting both power and sailing yachts up to 85ft from the East Coast to the Caribbean and back. We are comprehensive, prompt and safe. Please ask to check our references list and speak with our many prior clients.
Owner will be provided with a comprehensive report constructed from notes taken while underway. The delivery reports are very helpful to new and used boat owners. A yacht delivery survey provides valuable information for future maintenance or needed upgrades. The delivery survey is free, no additional cost to the owner; it is part of our delivery fee.
First concern is for the safety of the yacht and those aboard her. We can provide complete yacht inspection and delivery service or assist and train owners in the safe operation of their new yacht.
Rates are competitive, fair and in-line with our competition.
Please call to discuss your yacht delivery needs whether urgent or routine.
Captain Dustin Ryan, an accomplished yachtsman with long voyages over many oceans under his belt. Dustin has spent the past 13 years sailing in waters from Hawaii to the Mediterranean Sea, including a transpacific sail in a 40ft sloop. An accomplished waterman Dustin is an avid surfer and loves ocean sports. License includes 100 ton OUPV, STCW95, Padi Diver, Firefigter 2 and First Responder. Dustin is a full time charter captain on the Beneteau 49 Fate in Charleston SC. He averages 150 charters per year.
Captain Joey Medaloni, has traveled the East Coast, Bahamas, Virgin Islands and Mexico over the past 12 years. Joey's licenses include 100 ton USCG Masters, Single, Multi, Instrument and Jet Commercial CE525/S pilot rating, Padi Dive Master, and STCW95. Joey has personally owned a Sunseeker Portofino 46, and a Beneteau 49.
Recent Delivery of "Stono Ferry" A Luhrs 36 from Charleston to Palm Beach, on its way to NZ.
Yacht Delivery Rates
Vessels and itineraries vary considerably and therefore it is not practical to set one rate for all yacht deliveries.
We generally contract deliveries for an all inclusive delivery service fee based upon a number of factors including: route and season proposed - vessel speed, equipment, condition and the number of crew required. The delivery service fee covers crew wages, transportation, and provisions for the duration of the delivery. Fuel, moorage, outfitting and repairs are billed at the completion of delivery at our direct cost.
We will deliver boats from 30ft to 85ft to offshore locations, anything smaller may be considered but the vessel must be in excellent condition.
Owners are expected to supply all US Coast Guard required equipment. The captain will verify the USCG-required equipment list prior to departure. For offshore voyages, a working Epirb and life raft is nice to have.
Owners are also expected to carry adequate insurance on the vessel, including coverage for the the captain and crew.
Boat deliveries can include operational training enroute for the owner and/or family members or passengers, if desired, at additional cost.
If you would like a quote for the delivery of your vessel please call our office. We will be pleased to assist you in every way possible.
Here are guideline rates. These rates are to be used as an estimate only, so please contact us for an exact quote depending on your particular circumstances.
Ground Travel & Standby Rates: Ground travel and standby rates (for example, mechanical problems, adverse weather conditions...) will apply at 75% of normal rates for periods greater than two days.
Meals: $15 per day per person.
Ground Transportation: At cost using most economic and practical means -rental car, train, taxi, bus or plane for longer distances. If the client provides ground transportation, there is no charge.
Consumables: Any fuel, oil or other consumables used during the trip will be at the owner's expense. We have current charts for the East Coast and Caribbean.
843-557-7403 or email email@example.com
- March 2012, Beneteau 49 "Fate", Wrightsville Beach SC to Charleston SC.
- February 2012, Lurhs 36 Sportfish"Stono Ferry", Charleston SC to Palm Beach FL.
- October '11, 49ft Beneteau Charleston to Wilmintion NC 24 hours.
- November 21st, 10. 44ft Hinckley Talaria "Allegience" from Charleston SC to Savannah.
- October 28th, 10. 55ft Hinckley Talaria "Thunder" from Charleston SC to Savannah.
- October 11th, 10. 55ft Hinckley Talaria "Thunder" from Beaufort SC to Savannah.
- December 7, 09. 50ft Beneteau "Karuna SS" from Charleston SC to Nassau Bahamas. 5 days
- August 8,09. Pacific Seacraft 40 "Jendabi" from Wrightsville Beach NC to Charleston SC via intercoastal and offshore combined. 3 days
- June09 46ft Fountaine Pajot Bahia "Reason" from Charleston to Cape May NJ. 76 hours.
- May09 49ft Beneteau 49 from Puerto Rico to Charleston SC 7 days 2 hours.
- October 08 49ft Beneteau 49 from Charleston to Tortola BVI 8 days.
- April 08 Beneteau 49 from Miami to Charleston in 2 Days
- February 08 49ft Beneteau 49 from Nassau to Miami 2 days.
- December 07 49ft Beneteau 49 from Miami to Nassau
- October 07 49ft Beneteau from Charleston to Miami 4 days.
- June 04 54ft William Fife "Solway Maid" from Valleta Malta to Genoa Italy.
- July 03 40ft Bill Trip40 from Honolulu Hawaii to SanDiago CA in 29 days.
- Owner of Cal 2-30 "Coquette" for 6 years.
- Daysail and term Charter Captain on 50ft Beneteau 5 years.
"I had just bought a Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 sailing catamaran and needed to transport it from Charleston S.C. to Cape May N.J. Lacking the experience and knowledge to comfortably do so myself, I hired Dustin Ryan to captain for me.
He was knowledgeable about the route and conditions expected. Was pleasurable to deal with and took good care of the boat (no breakdown of any equipment) He even took the time to educate me on some of the more complicated systems on the vessel.
Upon arrival, he and his crew spent a better part of the day cleaning the boat. As an added surprise, a video documentary of the trip was sent to me.
I would not hesitate hiring him again and can whole heartedly recommend him to anyone needing a competent captain.
SV Private Island